Corn syrup, corn syrup solids, malt syrup, fructose sweetener, liquid fructose, anhydrous dextrose, crystal dextrose, molasses, honey and dextrin all mean “added sugars.”
– cdc.gov (Centers for Disease Control)
March is National Kidney Month. One in three Americans is at risk for developing kidney disease, which is most often caused by high blood pressure and diabetes.
– kidney.org (The National Kidney Foundation)
National Nutrition Month in March is devoted to the importance of making informed food choices, and developing good eating and physical activity habits.
– eatright.org (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
March is Brain Injury Awareness Month. Always wear a seatbelt in a motor vehicle, and a helmet when cycling, snowmobiling, skiing or doing any contact sport.
– biausa.org (Brain Injury Association of America)
World Tuberculosis Day is March 24. About two billion people are infected with TB bacilli. One in 10 people infected with bacilli will go on to develop active TB.
– who.int (World Health Organization)