Omar Wani, M.D., is an interventional cardiologist.
Expertise and Special Interests
Dr. Wani specializes in all aspects of interventional cardiac and vascular medicine. His expertise and special interests include:
- Coronary Interventions for Acute and Chronic Coronary Artery Disease
- Peripheral Vascular Angiography and Intervention
- Carotid Stenting and Aortic Endografts
- Non-Coronary Cardiac Interventions for Structural Heart Disease
- Noninvasive Cardiology (TEE, Nuclear Cardiology, Coronary CTA)
Dr. Wani’s research background has resulted in multiple scientific papers that have been published in prestigious peer-review journals including the New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of American College of Cardiology, Circulation and American Journal of Cardiology . His research data also has been presented at annual American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology meetings. Additionally, Dr. Wani has coauthored several chapters for reference books.
Education and Certifications
Dr. Wani earned his medical degree in 1994 from Government Medical College Srinagar, India, after which he did an externship in cardiology at Doncaster Royal Infirmary, United Kingdom. Dr. Wani completed both an internal medicine residency and cardiology fellowship at the University of Southern California (USC) Keck School of Medicine. While at USC, he also completed a research fellowship in heart failure with a special interest in endothelial dysfunction. Additionally, Dr. Wani has pursued sub-specialty training at high-volume cardiac care centers including interventional cardiology at Kaiser Permanente/UCLA, followed by an endovascular fellowship.
Dr. Wani is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease, interventional cardiology, nuclear cardiology, echocardiography and vascular medicine.
- American College of Cardiology
- Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions
- American Medical Association
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- American Society of Echocardiography
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- American Society of Vascular Medicine
Dr. Wani practices in Flagstaff.