Enjoying healthy meal options
Our nutrition and food service staff can help you select your meals from a daily menu and they will deliver your meals to your bedside.
Led by an experienced chef, we prepare tasty, healthy foods for you, your family, friends, other visitors and staff at both hospitals.
Flagstaff Medical Center
The Nutrition Services Department at FMC offers room service dining to patients.
Hours of service
- 7 a.m. -7 p.m.
- All choices are based on dietary needs and physician dietary orders.
- You may begin to order breakfast starting at 7 a.m. off a restaurant style menu. Breakfast will be served all day.
- Lunch and dinner entrees are available from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- You can order any menu item in accordance with your diet any time during operation hours. Our nutrition assistant phone operators are trained to assist you in selecting foods appropriate to your diet.
- After hours, you may contact your nurse for snacks and tray options.
How to place an order
- You may place an order from your menu by dialing ext. 12345.
- New menus are placed in each room when the room is cleaned.
- You are encouraged to take your menu home, as the menus are great educational tools.
- Meal items are prepared to order, providing for more nutritious and fresher products.
- Meals are assembled and delivered to patients within 45 minutes.
- All patients are eligible for room service unless the nutrition assistant or nursing staff determines ordering assistance is needed or that patients are not capable of selecting meals when they are ready to eat.
For your family and friends
If family members or friends want to eat in your room with you:
- Guest trays are available for $10. Guest trays can be purchased in the café located on the first floor of East Campus. The café receipt is the “Voucher” provided to the delivery person.
- Family and friends can bring in a meal, unless you're in isolation or receiving chemotherapy.
Verde Valley Medical Center
The culinary team at VVMC delivers appealing and nutritious cuisine of the highest quality.
Your physician will order a diet that's best for you. If you're on a regular or a modified diet, a special meal will be prepared for you based on U.S. Dietary Guidelines.
Assistants from Nutrition Services will ask for your menu preferences. They can also answer any questions you have about your special diet. If appropriate, a clinical dietitian consult will be ordered by your physician.
In some units, printed menus will be distributed each morning. Please complete this printed form by 11 a.m. to ensure availability of your selections.
For your family and friends
Café Verde is located on the first level of the hospital. Visitor prices are posted and purchases are on a cash-only basis.
- Breakfast is served from 6 to 10:30 a.m.; the hot line closes at 10 a.m.
- Lunch is served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Dinner is served from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Third shift service is provided from 11 p.m. to 1:15 a.m.
Guest trays can be delivered to your room during regular meal service, provided the order is placed at least two hours in advance. However, meals for your guests cannot be charged to your hospital bill and should be paid in advance at the Café cashier’s station.