Visiting Flagstaff Medical Center
To find out a patient’s room number, call 928-779-3366
Partners in care
Flagstaff Medical Center values the healing nature of friends and families. We do not have set visiting hours for most of the hospital’s rooms. Please work with the patient’s nurse to create a visitation plan that will benefit the patient.
The patient can designate his or her partners in care — generally friends or family — who will be asked to participate in the patient’s care experience.
- If you’re ill, please don’t visit the hospital; this is for our patients’ safety and your own.
- Wash your hands before and after entering a patient’s room.
- No weapons are allowed in the hospital.
Guidelines for visitors under the age of 12
- Any visitor under the age of 12 must have an adult supervisor; the adult cannot be a patient.
- Visitors under the age of 12 usually are not able to visit patients in isolation rooms; please check with the patient’s nurse if you have questions.
Guidelines for pet visitors
- Pre-approved pet dogs and service dogs are allowed to visit. The visit must be arranged by making a request with the patient's unit charge nurse.
After 8 p.m., you’ll only be able to enter the hospital through the Emergency Department — which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week — as part of our effort to maintain a safe, healing environment.
We will make every effort to accommodate requests for overnight stays and will attempt to place patients in private rooms. However, if your loved one is in a semi-private room, you must secure the permission of his or her roommate before staying overnight.
Special Care Nursery
Individuals with authorized identification bands may visit anytime. Visitors who do not have a band may visit, but only when an authorized banded person is with them. Limitations may apply, especially during flu and Respiratory Syncytial Virus, or RSV, season. Children under the age of 18 are not admitted, including siblings, during annual visitation restrictions because of Influenza and RSV season.
Behavioral Health Services
For the safety of the patients, personal belongings such as cell phones, purses and jackets will not be permitted on the unit.
Visiting hours for Behavioral Health are:
Monday to Friday evenings, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 1 to 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
During business hours, you can direct inquiries about visitation to the volunteer desk in the main lobby; after hours, please work with your nurse to request accommodations.
Our tobacco policy
Flagstaff Medical Center, Verde Valley Medical Center and campuses of its satellite are all tobacco-free environments. This applies to all staff, visitors and patients. Thank you for your cooperation.