Our Intensive Outpatient Program
While some patients need inpatient hospitalization, others benefit from other options such as our Intensive Outpatient Program, or IOP. This multidisciplinary program is designed to treat people with addiction problems in an innovative, holistic way.
As an outpatient, you can continue your usual daytime activities – including work or school – while attending the program in the evenings.
Finding answers to your questions
Here are several of the questions we hear most frequently from patients and their families:
The treatment goals include helping people:
- Develop a recovery plan in order to stay sober.
- Learn skills to cope with stress and emotional difficulties.
- Improve communication skills.
- Create a healthy, new lifestyle.
The IOP is designed for people with chemical dependency issues. Those who meet the criteria for admission:
- Do not need medical detoxification services.
- Do not have any medical conditions that could pose problems in an outpatient setting.
- Are ready to commit to a drug-free, alcohol-free and gambling-free lifestyle.
Addiction is a family disease which impacts the patient’s loved ones, so we make every effort to involve families in the program. Treatment is designed to help families cope with and heal from the patient’s addiction.